Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric is one of the most potent anti-inflammatories in nature. If you are suffering from an inflammatory condition, this soothing, healing and nourishing warm anti-inflammatory turmeric beverage is an absolute must try!
Ingredients (use all organic where possible)
-2 cups milk of your choice (I use raw organic goats milk or coconut milk but you can use any milk of your choice!)
– 1 teaspoon grated turmeric
– 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
– A generous pinch of ground black pepper
– 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
– A few crushed cardamom pods
– A small piece of cinnamon stick
– Raw honey (optional)
1. Heat milk in a saucepan for about 5mins. Once the milk is warm, add the turmeric, ginger, pepper, cardamom and cinnamon.
2. Cover and let the mixture simmer for another 5 minutes so the milk soaks up all the flavours and nutritional benefits of the spices.
3. Remove from heat and strain. Discard solids.
4. Add coconut oil and raw honey to taste.
5. Enjoy while its hot!
Golden milk is so easy to make and loaded with anti-inflammatory goodness. Please give it a try!
Note – Turmeric can stain your hands and clothes yellow.